Tornado Portable wind tunnels
Discover our range of high powered portable wind tunnels. They are the number 1 in the world. Our portable wind tunnels are powered by Scania or ABB power units. Portable means mobile so our wind tunnels can be moved in European an,d around the world on roads and they only need a small place for setup. The portable wind tunnel can be placed on shopping malls, bowling, adventure parks, near a beach or set up on festivals for a few days.
Advantages of portable wind Tunnels in comparison to close Cicrcuit wind tunnels
- Cost is generally three times less than for a closed circuit wind tunnel for a given section size.
- Air supply is non recycled which is perfect when working in situations like the covid.
- Footprint of a portable wind tunnel is much smaller and requires less overhead space.
- Increasing air temperature is not an issue with a portable wind tunnel and is not an issue during prolonged use.
Information on OLD Propeller Below design
Vertical wind tunnels have it's origins in the propeller below design. These potable wind tunnels were made for the low cost and simplicity of design. The idea behind the propeller below design was to have a large propeller spinning under the net that created the vertical airflow. The tunnels of this design used also old loud aircraft engines. This type of portable wind tunnel system is the simplest type you can find but comes they have many drawbacks.
- The flying on the airflow that comes directly after the propeller is very turbulent due to the proximity of the propeller.
- You will also feel the heat from the engine that is powering the propeller.
- The risk of flying objects going into the air intake of the wind tunnels with a propeller bellow
- The high running cost due to low power out put of such a system
The HIGH EFFICIENCY of the Tornadopro portable wind tunnel systems
The HIGH EFFICIENCY of the Tornadopro portable wind tunnel systems is known world wide.